Ahh Monday. The gray light from a cloudy sunrise illuminates the room as I wash dishes at the kitchen sink. Coffee is percolating. The toddler is unloading an entire box of band-aids onto the floor. Meanwhile, my 6 and 4 year olds are cooking breakfast. A recent milestone in our household.
We cook together often but I’ve never been able to be completely hands-off on our culinary ventures. It helps that this particular morning we were baking a tried and true, family-favorite recipe. Copycat Starbucks pumpkin muffins.
I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to take five kids to a Starbucks and order pumpkin bread but we have and could have taken out a second mortgage by the time it was all over. Not to mention the fallout from the sugar crash. So I set out to make a super simple and healthier version of our beloved bread and have finally done it!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we have!
Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Cookie Scoop
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 15 oz can Plain Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup Substitute agave or white sugar if needed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined
- Line or grease muffin tin
- Use a medium cookie scoop to measure out two scoops into each muffin cup or one scoop each for mini muffins
- Bake regular muffins for 16-18 minutes and minis for 12 or until an internal thermometer reaches 190*